1853 Pioneer Log Cabin
This log cabin was built by museum staff and volunteers in 1971-1972, using cedar logs and beams salvaged from various log buildings of the 1840s and 1850s era, and a salvaged 19th-century mantel piece from an Owen Sound home once located on Union Street (now 8th Street). It is a single-storey log structure with a storage loft. The large stone fireplace is of the style built by Irish settlers who sought to recreate what they knew from the “old country”. This one room style of dwelling would have housed an entire family no matter the number of family members. Costumed interpreters depict the life-style of an early Irish settler in Grey County. The log cabin was moved to Moreston Heritage Village on March 21, 2006.