In accordance with the new provincial lockdown orders, Grey Roots is temporarily closed to the public. We look forward to welcoming everyone again when it is safe to do so.
You can find more information at grey.ca/covid-19.
When you visit, we ask that you work with us to keep our site safe for your family, other visitors, and our staff and volunteers.
Our visitor experience is now a bit different, and all visitors (including members) are required to book a time slot for their visit in advance. You can find details on what to expect when you arrive below. Please read through the Visitor Protocols and Frequently Asked Questions below so you can arrive prepared and ready for your visit. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you visit the museum, please ensure that you and everyone in your party are able to answer NO to the following questions:
- Do you have any new or worsening symptoms or signs:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- New smell or taste disorder(s)
- Abdominal pain
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Eye infection/conjunctivitis
- Multisystem Inflammatory Vasculitis (in children)
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days?
- Have you had close physical contact* with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19? *Close physical contact means: speaking with someone less than 2 metres away for over 15 minutes; being in the same room or workspace for over 15 minutes; or living in the same home.
If you or anyone in your party answer YES to any of the above questions at the time of your visit, please do not enter the museum.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Masks are required inside all enclosed public spaces in Grey County. This includes the museum, archives, and our historic buildings in Moreston Heritage Village. Expect our staff and volunteers to be masked as well. We want to keep everyone safe!
Forgot your mask? Grey Roots will have disposable masks on hand if you arrive without a mask (as quantities last).
We have implemented the following safety measures:
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned frequently through the day.
- Debit/credit keypads are sanitized after every use.
- Washrooms are cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the site and hot water and soap is available in the washrooms. Please wash or sanitize your hands when you first enter and regularly throughout your visit.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
Plan to arrive within the first hour of the time slot shown on your ticket.
We’ve introduced limited and timed ticketing so that we can manage the flow of visitors through the site and ensure we never exceed capacity.
If you arrive early, we will check our booked attendance levels for the time of your arrival. If there is capacity in that time slot, our Visitor Services staff may be able to accommodate you but be aware that you may have to wait for your ticketed time.
If you miss your time slot or do not have a time booked, we will check our attendance levels at the time of your arrival. If there is capacity, we may be able to accommodate a visit at that time, but please be aware you may be required to wait for the next available time slot.
Yes, please! We need all visitors, including members to schedule their visit in advance. Regular admission is included in the cost of your membership, so you will not need to pay for your visit, but we do still need to manage capacity in the buildings. You will need to show your membership or volunteer card upon arrival. Reciprocal members are welcome and the same rules apply.
All Grey Roots memberships were put on hold for the duration of our closure. Memberships that were active at the time of our closure on March 16 have had their expiration date extended by the number of months the museum was closed, and new memberships purchased during the closure were activated on the date we reopened.
- If your membership expired June 30, 2020 or later, it is currently still valid until at least December 31. Please bring your membership card with you to your visit and we will issue you a new membership card with your updated expiration date.
- If your membership expired prior to June 30, 2020, then you will need to renew your membership. You can do so before your visit online https://greyroots.com/get-involved/membership, or you can do so in person when you arrive for your visit. You may still select a ‘member ticket’ when booking your time slot even if your membership has expired, but you will be required to pay for your membership when you arrive for your visit.
We can accept either a printed ticket or a digital ticket (shown on your phone or another mobile device). Our staff doesn’t need to take a physical ticket, but we do need the details from your ticket so we can confirm your time slot on our list.
When it is your time to enter, please make sure your masks are on, use the hand sanitizer at the front entrance, and proceed to the front desk where our Visitor Services staff will check your ticket.
Please be patient if there is a line and remember to keep 6 ft from others. Our staff are working as quickly as possible to help you get started with your visit while ensuring the safety of all our visitors.
Yes, though we recommend using contactless payment methods (debit or credit) whenever possible.
If you are interested in making a donation to Grey Roots, you'll need to make an appointment with our collections or archives staff. Please visit greyroots.com/collections-and-research/donating-collections for more information.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Please follow the directional arrows throughout Grey Roots. Some areas and interactive elements are temporarily closed. This is for your safety, so please respect closures and signs.
While in our main building or the historic village, please maintain physical distancing from other visitor groups.
Yes! As with the rest of the museum, please maintain physical distancing from other visitors. Be respectful and please limit your handling of merchandise that you do not intend to purchase.
Water is available for purchase. We are unable to offer food for sale at this time.
CONTINUE YOUR VISIT
After your visit, continue your learning experience at home! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on our latest online resources and experience. You can find online exhibits, links to SMALL WANDER, and Grey Roots at Home learning packages designed to bring the Grey Roots Museum and Archives experience into your home.