Paul's Hotel, Meaford
A long-standing family business, Meaford Hotel / Paul’s Hotel was opened by John and Salome (Ufland) Paul, circa 1870 -1871, located at the corner of Sykes and Trowbridge streets.
The Luxurious Past of Balmy Beach – The King’s Royal Hotel
Poetical Directory for the Town of Owen Sound, printed at the “Comet” office, 1863
From Town to City: 1920 Act to Incorporate the City of Owen Sound
On May 12,1920, the Province of Ontario enacted a bill to incorporate the City of Owen Sound. The Town of Owen Sound instead became a city.
Peter L. Trout, Bighead River
Peter Trout lived at Trout Hollow in Bighead River near Meaford, Ontario. He worked at his family's sawmill and rake factory, which was owned by his older brother William Trout and Charles Jay.
Pearls and Politics: Grey County's Women of Distinction
A panels feature from the Grey Roots original exhibit, Pearls and Politics: Grey County's Women of Distinction, that highlights the service of women in politics from suffrage to the present.
Owen Sound Street Numbers and Standardized Address Numbering, Introduced 1909
Numbered streets and avenues have been in place in Owen Sound for well over 100 years, even before Owen Sound became a City.
Mary Williams Trout: Diaries of a Small Town Lady
The compelling story of a small town lady, Mary Williams Trout (1847 – 1922) of Meaford, is told through 26 of her personal diaries (from the Grey County Archives Collection), spanning from 1867 to
Grey Battalions in the Great War
Beginning of the European War
Great Britain declared war against Germany on August 4, 1914. The Dominion of Canada was a colony of the British Empire. As such, Canada was also at war.