A panels feature from the Grey Roots original exhibit, Pearls and Politics: Grey County's Women of Distinction, that highlights the service of women in politics from suffrage to the present.
(Photo: Tank at Clark's Homestead near Vail's Point, PF212S1F2I31)
In Time of Need
A long-standing family business, Meaford Hotel / Paul’s Hotel was opened by John and Salome (Ufland) Paul, circa 1870 -1871, located at the corner of Sykes and Trowbridge streets.
On May 12,1920, the Province of Ontario enacted a bill to incorporate the City of Owen Sound. The Town of Owen Sound instead became a city.