1897 Caboose

This caboose was donated to Grey Roots in 2016 by Robert and Darren King. It originally served as a box car before being converted to a caboose. After 1919, it was owned and operated by the Canadian National Railway (later CN).

Railroads and railcars like this played a significant role in Grey County’s history as they provided an excellent solution to facilitate transport of lumber and mineral resources as well as serving as passenger transportation.

Take a tour

Click on the locations / buildings below to learn about the Heritage Village

The Big Red ShedBlue Water Garage1920's George Rice Blacksmith Shop1920's Herb Miller Sawmill1920's School House1920's Timber Framed Barn1920's Farm House1920's Orange Hall1886 Log House1920's Good Cheer BandstandOutdoor AmphitheatreCarpentry Shop1853 Log CabinMoore & Muir Engine Works1897 CN Caboose1925 Arnott General StoreThe Grey Monument

View 3D Model of Moreston Village (30 MB)

 

3D model created in collaboration with St. Mary's High School

 

Share this content